I was born in a very rainy summer under the northern foggy sky of Galicia, a place too hazy, rainy and humid to be in Spain (actually, most spaniards tend to ignore whatever happens there, it's too far and too cold to be of any interest).
I was raised by my two parents in a very old and creaky house in the middle of the forest. Now half of the forest is gone and instead there's a number of awful unfinished concrete houses. I still love the place though. Now I live in Barcelona. The thing I miss the most are my two dogs and the owls hooting at night.
As a child I was lonely, I had very few friends, and I liked it that way. I spent most of my time inmersed in books, drawing and creating parallel worlds, in which I would get lost until it was time for dinner. I still do that and I'm glad I can make a living out of it. It's really cool.
- I'm Aldara, 24 and a Fine Arts graduate (Facultad de Bellas Artes de Valencia, 2014).
- Been working as a freelance Illustrator for the last 5 years, first working on modest local projects, like little animation productions, short films, music videos, photographic projects, album covers and freelance illustration.
- For the last two years been able to work on more ambitious international projects, focusing on editorial illustration.
- I'm a multidisciplinary artist: I've experience and wide formation on cinematography, visual narrative & script, animation, comic, illustration, character design, photography, screenwriting and film editing.
- I'm fluent in spanish, galician, english and french, and can easily understand and talk portuguese, italian and catalan.